Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Perfect Ending...


There is a song today, that took me back and I wanted to share it with you today. It a song called Red light by David Nail. I've shared this story with my wife, and thought it to be an experience that seems to be story book. I had made one last ditch effort to span the already widened gap between my relationship with her. My world was falling apart in front of my face, so the only thing I knew to do, was to go see her. It was a spur of the moment decision, and I made it. I took off 150 miles to go see her, but not before buying her a couple gifts to lighten the mood. Maybe she would be happy at least about the gifts. So when I got there, she was very uninterested that I was there. In fact, she was darn right rude. My heart was broken, but I tried not to show it. I was scratching and clawing to keep the ember burning. Little had I known it was already out. We sat around and I asked her what she wanted to do, she shrugged her shoulders. Any idea I came up with was not to her approval. So, I knew I was alone there at her house. She was cold, I was there, I knew things were over. I wasn't sure what to do, so, I did what any man would do. I left. I didn't say goodbye to anyone. I got in my car, and drove off. It started raining and I thought what a long drive it would be back home. I got down the road a bit and looked down and there were her gifts sitting next to me. I paused for a minute. Still holding on, hoping. I thought for a moment, turned the car around and pulled back into the driveway. Her dad and her were standing in the garage. This was it, I thought. I grabbed her gifts and opened up the car door. As I got out, the rain fell on my face and I thought, "what a perfect ending." She ran out to me and asked me where I went. I said I'm leaving. She hugged me and said she was sorry. Not the sorry come back in, but sorry I hurt you. I'm sorry this is over. That kind of sorry. The rain steadily fell on the both of us. This was the end. I grinned the best I could, gave her the gifts, turned and got in the car. As I was pulling away, I looked into the rear view, I saw her and her father standing in the garage as the rain continued to fall. It was surreal. If you have never had your heart broken, you might not know what I'm speaking of. That moment when what you held to for so long, the person that your heart longed after, was gone from your life. That's the moment I'm speaking of, and to have the rain pouring down on the two of us, as we said goodbye, was story book. As I look back at such an experience, I am so glad I got a chance to experience that. Yes it was so hard at the time, but wow, what's a life look like not lived? Not getting the chance to experience that at all. I wouldn't trade any of that. Especially when I have everyone and everything I want now. Anyway, I just felt nostalgic today and thought I would share that with you. Have a great day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment